From the 23rd of April, 2018 through the 29th of April, 2018 the Cobourg Police Service responded to 202 occurrences including; 6 – 911 calls, 9 Alarm calls, 4 Ambulance Assist calls, 3 Assault calls, 2 attempt or threat of suicide, 3 Break and Enter calls, 16 Community Service call, 7 Disturb the peace calls, 3 Domestic Dispute calls, 4 Harassment calls, 2 Mental Health Act calls, 9 Mischief calls, 10 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 26 Police Assistance calls, 4 Stolen Vehicles calls, 13 Theft calls, 11 Traffic complaint/enforcement calls, and 1 Weapons call. Here are some examples of calls for service this week;
23 April, 2018
– Police attended a Cobourg residence for a report of a suspicious person who had entered a vehicle. Police received information that the suspicious person was still in the vehicle when he was approached by a citizen. The suspicious person fled the scene on foot. Nothing was stolen out of the vehicle.
– Police responded to a local business in regards to theft of electrical wires. Approximate value of the copper cables is $15,000 dollars. The theft occurred between the hours of 6:00pm to 6:20pm.
– Police conducted an investigation involving a complaint of a Family Dispute. Police provided guidance in behavior issues within the family. No allegations of assault or threats were made.
24 April 2018
– A female contacted the Cobourg Police Service in regards to a suicidal male. Police located the male in the downtown core. Through Police investigation it was determined that there was no immediate safety concern for the male. The Mental Health Response Unit attended as well to provide assistance to the male.
– Police responded to a local business in regards to attempt theft of a motor vehicle. The panels surrounding the steering column had been broken off. The Scenes of Crime Officer is still investigating this incident.
– Cobourg Police located a male laying on a roadway cross walk at a local intersection. The male was bleeding from his forehead. Cobourg Police requested Ambulance to attend. The male was conscious and breathing and was assessed by Ambulance personal.
25 April 2018
– Cobourg Police responded to a local residence in regards to a Fraud involving forged cheques. Through Police investigation a local male was arrested and charged for multiple Fraud offences.
– Cobourg Police attended a local residence in regards to a 911 hang-up. Upon speaking to the owners of the residence it was determined that 911 was dial by accident. All was in order.
– Cobourg Police received a report of a stolen vehicle from a local business. Cobourg Police attended the business and received further information that the keys were left in the unlocked vehicle.
26 April 2018
– Cobourg Police received a report that people could hear a male and female yelling at each other in a local residence. Cobourg Police attended the residence. It was determined that the parties had a verbal argument. While both parties were separated, there were no allegations of an assault or threat. The male partied agreed to stay the night at a friend’s residence.
– Cobourg Police attended a local residence in regards to a sudden death. Cobourg Police are still investigating the cause of death.
– Cobourg Police responded to a theft of purse from an unlocked vehicle that was parked at a local business. Police are currently investigating this theft with video surveillance.
27 April 2018
– Cobourg Police took a report of a stolen vehicle that was parked in the driveway of a local residence. On April 28 2018 Cobourg Police located the stolen vehicle. Investigation is ongoing.
– Cobourg Police investigated an assault that occurred at a local retirement home. Both parties involved suffer from Dimension. Internal investigation was completed by the Ministry.
– Cobourg Police responded to a local residence in regards to an unknown male who entered the residence through the rear unlocked door. When the unknown male realized someone was home he ran out the back door and jumped over the fence of the property. Advised was provided to the residence.
April 28 2018
– Cobourg Police responded to a stolen vehicle from a local residence. A short time later the Ontario Provincial Police located the stolen vehicle. Investigation is ongoing.
– Cobourg Police attended a local business in regards to an attempt shoplift. On route Cobourg Police received further information that the suspects are currently running to a vehicle. Cobourg Police obtained video. Investigation is ongoing.
– The Cobourg Police Service Mental Health Response Unit attended a local residence in regards to suicidal male and provided assistance to the male. The male agreed to attend the hospital to be assessed by a Doctor.
April 29 2018
– Cobourg Police investigated a harassment call involving text messages between two parties. Cobourg Police spoke to and cautioned the parties in regards to their communications. Both parties agreed to block each other’s numbers.
– Cobourg Police attended a local business for a female that was currently arrested by the lost prevention officer for shoplifting. Cobourg Police attended the local business and continued the arrest and charged the female.
– Cobourg Police conducted a traffic stop in the Town of Cobourg which resulted in 2 persons arrested for drug, and breach offences.