(CRAMAHE, ON) – On April 18, 2018 the Northumberland Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), were involved in a foot pursuit which led to charges being laid.
Members of the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) recognized a male at a local gas station to be breaching conditions put upon him by the courts. Upon being arrested the male fled from polic e and a short foot pursuit ensued.
Jesse PAGE-THOMAS (age 30) of Haldimand County was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine)
- Escape lawful custody
- Fail to comply with recognizance (three counts)
- Fail to comply with probation order
- The accused was held in custody for a bail hearing scheduled for the following day in the Ontario Court of Justice in Cobourg.
- The Ontario Provincial Police is committed to public safety, delivering proactive and innovative polic ing in partnership with our communities.