Search Warrant Executed – Firearm and Drug Charges Laid(PORT HOPE, ON) –On March 30, 2018 members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Peterborough/Northumberland Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed a search warrant at a Port Hope motel room on County Road 2 with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU).
As a result of the search, which also included a vehicle associated to the individual, one loaded Smith & Wesson 9mm handgun was seized along with a quantity of cash and illicit drugs.
Brooks Earnest PITRE-LANYS age 30 of Ottawa, Ontario was arrested at the scene and is charged with the following offences:
– Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order (two counts)
– Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
– Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Opioid (other than heroin)
– Breach of Firearms Regulation – Store firearm or restricted weapon
– Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Under $5,000
– Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (two counts)
– Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm/ammunitionPITRE-LANYS was held for a bail hearing and remains in custody at the time of this news release.