A man has been arrested for possession of stolen property and fail to comply with probation and release order after police respond to a suspicious person call.
On Wednesday, January 20, at 2:30 am, uniform members of the Cobourg Police Service attended the Ballantine Street and Huycke Street’s area in Cobourg for a report of a suspicious person entering vehicles.
As a result of the police investigation, 31-year-old Michael Kitchen of Cobourg was arrested and charged with the following offences:
1. Possession of property obtained by Crime- Section 355(b) of the Criminal Code
2. Utter forged document- Section 368(1) of the Criminal Code
3. Fail to comply with probation order contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code x3
4. Failure to comply with undertaking contrary to section 145 (4)(a) of the Criminal Code x2
5. Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code. X2
Kitchen was held for a show cause hearing.