On Saturday, October 3rd, 2020, Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) notified members of the Cobourg Police Service to be on the look-out for a Red Chevrolet Corvette convertible headed westbound on Highway 401. The vehicle was travelling at speeds well over the posted speed limit and had failed to stop for the OPP.
Shortly after 10:20 pm, Cobourg police located the vehicle in Cobourg’s downtown core and attempted to stop the vehicle. The driver failed to stop.
A short time later, police located the vehicle abandoned and heavily damaged on Division Street south of Kerr Street. After an extensive search of the area, police were unable to locate the driver.
The vehicle was seized and towed to the Cobourg Police Service, where Forensic Identification Services examined it.
As a result of the investigation, police were able to identify the driver and requested the Kingston Police Service’s assistance to locate and arrest 29-year-old Samantha BELLIVEAU of Kingston,
Wednesday, October 7th at 4:00 pm, Belliveau was arrested and charged with the following offences:
1. Flight from Peace Officer- Section 320.17 Criminal Code of Canada
2. Dangerous Operation- Section 320.13(1) Criminal Code of Canada
3. Escape Lawful Custody- Section 145(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada
4. Fail to Remain- Section 200(1)(a) Highway Traffic Act
5. Drive while Under Suspension- Section 53 Highway Traffic Act
6. Having Care and Control of Motor Vehicle liquor readily available-Liquor Licence Act
Belliveau was released with a future court date.